"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, December 28, 2009

It's A Miracle!

Yes, I have been the recipient of yet another tender mercy from the Lord...I passed my Finance class.  I must admit when I saw the email that the grade was posted I was nervous to check it.  I even reminded myself that no matter what the grade was I am still a good person...hee, hee!

Now, I just have to wait for grades from three more classes.  I will know for sure by January 2nd......ahhhhhhh too long to wait!

So far the Christmas break has been great.  For the first week I caught up on movies, ate too much, slept too much and read a little bit.  I am trying to ease back into some sort of normal routine instead of trying to go cold turkey on Sunday night before classes start.  We'll see how that goes....I have enjoyed reading for pleasure again and I find myself reading late into the night.

I was also a super-nerd and did some homework for one of my classes that will start next week.  I figured, I have the books, the syllabus is posted, might as well get a head start.

Here's a quote I like that helps me see the value in writing down my new year's resolutions....I still have a few days left to work on that!


You control your future, your destiny.  What you think about comes about.  By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be.  Put your future in good hands - your own.
Mark Victor Hansen

No comments: