"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Miracle Number Three

This past week I learned all about how to be a landlord. I witnessed miracle number three, which was to find a good tenant to lease my condo to for the next year while I’m in school.

On Monday I did research on how to gain access to do credit reports. I had to fax in a bunch of information and set up an on site inspection interview. After the inspection I was granted access and ran my credit reports on the two serious applicants. I made my decision on whom to lease to, and then got the paperwork all ready for the lease agreement. Thank goodness for the internet! You can find instructions on how to do almost anything. By Friday afternoon we went over the lease agreement and now I have a tenant that will start his lease on August 1st. The timing is so perfect and everything worked out so well. I know it’s another answer to my many prayers.

So, miracle number four was to find a place to live. I’m going to start my part of making that happen next week as I go searching for places down by Provo. My place is so empty - it feels strange. My sister Heather has been kind to let me store a few things at her place until I actually figure out where I am going to live.

I also finished going over the online Statistics course last week and so I need to prepare for the test and take that this next week. It was a 30-hour course and the next one I have to do is for Accounting, which is about 10 hours. I am glad that both of them are open book tests and they are not timed! It will be so different from the GMAT. I have to pass both with at least a 75% by July 1st. If I can’t do that with an open book test, then I guess I shouldn’t be going back to school! Seriously, I am not worried. I just want to study enough so I don’t have to retake the tests. Oh, that’s the other thing, I can retake the tests until I pass - now how easy is that?!

1 comment:

shari berry bo-berry said...

that is so awesome Sonya! what a relief to have a tenant all lined up...

are you going to live solo down there in Provo or with roommates?
good luck house/apartment hunting! :)

p.s. love the new blog background!