"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WWJD?



Ok, I just have to vent for a minute from what happened today. After feeling confused, and a little mad I actually asked myself (in my head of course), "What Would Jesus Do?"

I posted an ad to sell these weights for $5! A mere $5! The people who bought them brought large bills and I did not have any change - I never carry cash anymore. So, the guy says, "Can we stop by later and pay you? We're going to dinner." I said, "Sure." And as they drove away a little voice inside my head said, "they are not coming back." Well, I tried to be optimistic and hopeful, but it's now 10:30pm and I have not seen or heard from them.

I know it's so silly, it's only $5, but it is the PRINCIPLE of the thing. They have been dishonest. I know what Jesus would do, HE would turn the other cheek. Why is it so hard to do that when I am faced with these situations. Why do I have to fight urges to call or text and leave them nasty messages? I guess that the "natural man" in all of us is quite hard to tame.

I am really okay, and I think I learned a good lesson today. Next time I won't be such a pushover. I have also realized that those weights were never mine in the first place and maybe this guy needs them more than me so he can get even bigger biceps (he was a large dude!)

And so I learn yet another lesson from life's daily curriculum. Life is good!

1 comment:

shari berry bo-berry said...

good for you Sonya...such a simple lesson but so important...thanks for sharing! you know if it was me i might have said something like b*te me! ha ha j/k!