May 1st and 2nd my brother James and his family moved out. They had found a place closer to his work and her school and it just made sense. So, I found myself alone again. It was a strange feeling after having them around for 2 ½ months. I missed them, and I missed my cat who was my little buddy that followed me around the house. But, I knew that all these things were for the best. So, it was now time to unwind and wait to see if I would be accepted. It took me almost a week to slow my mind down from taking the test and my study schedule. I kept having dreams about math questions and woke up frequently at night still. I just tried to do as little as possible. I even read a book for pleasure, the first one since last December. On May 8th I was contacted by BYU, they wanted to set up an interview! The date was set for the next Tuesday on May 12th. I got my business suit on and drove down to Provo. I met with Dr. Merrill, who was very nice. I am guessing the interview lasted about 12 minutes. I was so nervous before going in, but it was a very casual type interview where I was asked about former job and company and why I wanted to go back to school now. All of which is contained in my application. I think they just like to put a name to a face before they offer you admission to the program, but at the end of the interview I was told that they did want to admit me to the program! Even though it was not official yet I felt greatly relieved.
May 18, 2009
Today I received the official email to accept their offer of admission. I gladly accepted and paid my deposit. So, I guess today it’s official! I am going to start the MBA program at BYU’s Marriott school in the fall. I am excited and nervous at the same time. One of the best feelings I think I’ve been having is that of hope for a brighter future and for the chance to learn new things and meet all kinds of new people. I have been going through all my things at home and either trying to sell them, give them away or throw them away. I posted ads on ksl and craig’s list tonight to rent out my condo. Finding good renters and then also a good place where I can live will be miracles 3 and 4 in this whole process.
I can truly say that I am grateful for the experiences that I’ve had over the past six months. It has been one of the most trying times for me in my life, but also one of the most spiritual times for me. I feel like I am growing to know and appreciate the Savior more each day. I can see HIS hand in the details of my life. My faith has been strengthened. I have been given power to do things I could not dream of six months ago. I know that the challenges will continue to come, and the bar will continue to be raised for the rest of my life. But I also know with a surety, that the Lord will not give me anything I can’t handle. The difficult things in life only make me stronger and more polished than before. And with that, I am caught up!
1 comment:
Sonya - I'm so excited for you!! New adventures are on their way! Congratulations and can't wait to keep reading the updates!
Post a Comment