Today is my 13-year anniversary with my company. I can’t believe how the time has gone by and all the things that have happened over these past 13 years. I hope the next 13 years prove to be even more interesting and adventurous.
I think I need to stop praying for patience because then I get blessed with challenges that really try my patience! I guess that’s the point of life though, to be tried and tested to see if we will submit our will to God’s. I’ve been trying to listen and understand what it is that I should be doing each day and in the future. I want to understand God’s will for me. It’s easier said than done, but I keep working at it!
Here is some insight I gained from a class I attended at Education week in August. The speaker was Scott Anderson and he was amazing. Heather and I spent 3 hours with him in his classes. He talked about the fact that our capacity to love comes from God. We face such compelling challenges in life and sometimes we don’t know how to deal with issues. We can follow Lehi’s example in 1 Nephi 8 and “go to the tree” – which represents the Love of God or Jesus Christ. Those who are spiritually receptive will recognize their weaknesses – people don’t make us happy. Why does God love you? Because He’s GOOD and does not change. Do you believe that? Do you believe that he will really save you and help you to face your trials and expand your capacity to love? He will!
I ponder these things a lot lately and it helps me to remember why it’s necessary for me to go through trials. The Lord is expanding my capacity to love. I have to gain understanding and knowledge through experience and so I must be faced with opposition in all things. I am grateful for all these experiences – even the hard ones, because I know they will make me stronger and more steadfast in my faith in Christ. And, that’s the whole point!
1 comment:
AMEN SISTA!
Post a Comment