I spent the weekend in California with Shari and her family. It was a short, but fun trip. On Saturday night I went to see the show “Wicked” with my friend Kerry and her mom. We had talked about doing this when we were on vacation together back in June. It all worked out very well. On Saturday before the show Shari and I took Jakob and Josh to the beach. I mainly just lay on the sand and even fell asleep for a bit. I was grateful to just be at the beach and enjoy the beautiful day with the kids and Shari.
On Sunday we went to church together. That was nice. As you are probably aware, I attend church alone every week. Yes, I see friends there and sit with them, but I very rarely have the chance to go to church with family. When I do I am very grateful for those occasions. During the testimony meeting there was a space of time where no one was going up and I felt like I wanted to share my testimony, even though I was visiting. So, I went up. I feel very grateful for Christ. I can tell that the things I’ve been doing to focus on him more daily are helping me. The music in the car has made such a difference in my day and week. It always calms me down when I am upset about something trivial at work. I was so stressed out today because I let things get to me. Then I went to go get lunch and that music helped to refocus me entirely. What a blessing, a tender mercy, from the Lord.
1 comment:
I am sorry we didn't get a chance to come up and see you while you were here. I think I need to try playing church music in the car to, maybe it will help calm the kids, at least it might help me not want to drop them off on the side of the road when they are having tantrums.
Post a Comment