

Saturday, September 20th I went to the BYU vs. Wyoming game with Dad and John. Needless to say, the Cougs whooped on the Cowboys. Hey Joe, is that a tender mercy? Seems like they are setting the bar very high for themselves....
After the game we all went over to the Lindorf's for a family birthday party. Curtis and Heather out-did themselves again in the food department! Thanks for making such a delicious meal for us all!
I really enjoyed this weekend and spending time with family. It was nice to have both Mom and Dad here to celebrate birthdays. It struck me when we were all at Ron's house that normally they would not have been there and I was very grateful that they were able to come home and be closer to the family.
I was able to get a poem that Grandpa Roy had typed up many years ago while at Ron's house yesterday. I remember learning it in seminary, but only the last part, and I always liked it. So here it is:
Don't Quit
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but never quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out,
Don't give up, though the pace seems slow --
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint, faltering man --
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor' cup.
And he learned to late, when the night slipped down
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out --
The silver tint on the cloud of doubt.
And you can never tell how close you are;
It may be nearer when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit --
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.
-Anonymous
1 comment:
That's one of my favorite poems but I never had the whole thing--thanks!!
Post a Comment