"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back to School



Monday, August 30, was my first day back to school for the 2nd year of the MBA program.  What a difference it was from the first day last year!  Instead of going home and studying for hours, I took my bike and went for a ride up Provo Canyon.

I read a scripture this week that has stayed with me.  It's made me think a lot about life and the valleys and mountains we all go through during our journey on earth.

"But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen."
1 Nephi 9:6

And thus it is.  What a small phrase, but oh how I love those words.  To me, it is like Nephi is saying, "the Lord means what he says.  He is not kidding around, just have faith and believe that everything will work out."

I choose to believe Nephi.  I think he knows what he is talking about.

No comments: