I just finished writing up my Leadership profile. This was an assignment that many of you helped me with and I want to say "thank you" again for your feedback. I had to identify my core strengths and then a plan to continue my leadership development in these areas. It was a hard assignment in the fact that I had to really take a deep look at myself and figure out what I am good at and what I should continue to focus on. I am glad I did it. I think it will serve as a guide post as I continue on my journey through school.
Some of you may already know this, but for those that do not, I found out on Friday that I will be doing an internship with a company called Halliburton. They are an oil and gas services company. I will be heading up to Williston, ND during the summer (May-Aug). It is a paid internship and they cover my rent while I am there. Since I have chosen the emphasis of Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management I will be doing an HR internship. I even get to dress up in steel toed boots, a jump suit, and a hard hat and drive out to the remote locations where they have the frac crews. These men do some heavy manual labor with big equipment. So, if you have a hankering to see Canada or Montana I think I may be taking some road trips while I am up there to explore the countryside. Come along! Williston is only 70 miles south of the Canadian border.
1 comment:
hey sonya, after watching that video I am 100% sure you will fit right in! ha ha! that was awesome!
what the heck does frac mean?
and even though I've never been "hankering" to see Canada...i've always want to see Montana! So...we'll see!!!
Post a Comment