"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hmmm

I seem to be at a loss for words lately.  Do you ever get to the point where so much is going on in your head that you don't know where to begin writing about it?  Well, that's where I am at in my blogging.

My first semester is almost over.  We have finals the week of December 14th.  This means that I really need to start studying RIGHT NOW for these classes, or at least reviewing materials that we have studied so far.  Of course, the assignments and homework don't stop at all.  They just keep coming like waves.  I look forward to finishing this tough semester up and starting fresh in January.  I am also looking forward to the Christmas break!

Next week I hope to hear back from a company that I have interviewed with for an internship.  We'll see if I get it, I sure hope so.

Sometimes I feel like I am having an out of body experience.  Just this last week I was walking to the mail room to pick up my papers and I had the thought, "what are you doing here?"  It still seems strange to me that  I am doing something so different now from a year ago.  I freely admit that living by faith is pretty hard sometimes.  I am not sure what is going to happen, or where I will end up when I am done with school.  This time does seem like I only have a few steps in front of me that are lighted, I can't see very far down the path.  All I can do is keep moving forward on the path and have faith that things will work out.

I am very grateful for this season of Thanksgiving.  It is a good reminder to me that I have been blessed abundantly.

1 comment:

shari berry bo-berry said...

I'm so happy you liked your card! my friend introduced me to that website that sends cards...i thought it was hilarious and so you immediately came to mind -- i knew you'd appreciate the humor!

i bet it does feel like an "out of body" experience...it's so far from what you've been doing for so long that it's like trying to re-train yourself to be a student...harder to do that I imagine I'm sure...I'm so proud of you!