Week 3 - over.
I have come to realize that the Supply Chain emphasis may not be for me. I think I am going to change to Organization Behavior/Human Resources Management.
Without going into all the details, I have been feeling very anxious and worried about how to make the jump into Supply Chain. Most people in this field come from an engineering background and have very good quantitative skills. That's not to say that I couldn't do it, but I just don't feel like this field would be playing to my strengths.
I really do enjoy the more qualitative type of work that we do in our HR, Leadership, and Marketing classes. Don't get me wrong, we use numbers there too, but it's different. I also can't see myself in some manufacturing plant with a bunch of men, just one possibility.
When I said it out loud to my roommate on Friday night I immediately started to feel better. I even had ideas pop into my head of examples I could use to put on my resume. I have had a really hard time thinking of things that match up for Supply Chain. I've worked for so many years with people that I have tons of experiences managing them and I think this is where my strength lies. I just needed to face the facts and stop running away from this truth.
I feel like I can be more passionate about this field during interviews and hopefully that will come across so I can get an internship and then a full time job.
So, it's been a weekend of changes in ideas and direction, but I feel better about that today.
2 comments:
As someone who was in HR for 9+ years, I think you would be a PERFECT HR manager! Good Choice! (although, you could still get stuck in a manufacturing plant with a bunch of men. :))
Sanjah, good for you--I see you more as a people persona.
Do you still need me to do that assignment? I am sorry I am tardy. If so, email me.
Te quiero sin cesar,
Holly
Post a Comment