"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Keeping in Touch

Here a few pictures of how I feel today!  Thanks to Shari for taking them this summer...
 
I am "jumping" for joy and doing cartwheels after the first four days of orientation.
I added several of you to the list to get my posts in your email.  My goal is to try and keep in touch as much as possible through this blog now that I am in school.  From everything I've heard so far this first semester is going to be very intense and my time may be limited, but I feel like I need to somehow have a way to reach out to you.  I think Sundays may be my day to catch up and do some posting, but we'll see how it goes.
Well, so far I have met a ton of great people and we've already had a few activities with the single MBA students in the program.  It's so amazing to be in this type of environment.  I had hoped to be around people who were intelligent, funny and spiritual and this has certainly proved to be the case.  There are 21 women in the program, so we are trying to get to meet one another and I am sure we'll become very close.
Last night at a party we were playing games and I taught them how to play the name game - the one Joe shared with us in San Clemente with all the cousins.  They really liked it and we played two rounds.  It's kinda funny though because we are trying to learn everyone's REAL names, let alone their fake celebrity names... :)
Next week we will finish our orientation on Wednesday.  Then we start our classes on Monday, August 31st!  I am pumped and ready to go.  
I will end on a thought from President Hinckley.  Over the past 9 months I've really had to tell myself these things over and over in my head because stepping out into the darkness can be really scary, but it's been so worth it.
"Believe in yourself.  Believe in your capacity to do great and good things.  Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it.  Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it.  You are not destined to be a scrub.  You are a child of God, of infinite capacity.
Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on.  Opportunities will unfold and open before you.  The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent."

1 comment:

Kristene said...

Hey Sonya, How are things going with your classes... You're probably deep into midterms! Good luck and God bless! Love, Teena