"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Light of Christ...at Target?

I stopped at Target on my way home from work today to pick up a few things.  As I made my way to the check out lanes a checker opened up his lane for me.  He'd rang up my things before on a previous visit to the store.

He's a friendly sort of person and asked me how I was doing and I returned the gesture by asking him as well.  His reply is always, "I'm blessed, nothing to complain about here."

I told him that was a good attitude to have.  Then he asked me, "Are you a woman of God?"

He said it so softly that I almost did not catch it.  I looked up and said, "Yes."

Then he replied, "I can tell you have the spirit of Christ, it's shining out of you.  You keep on shining."

It was such a short conversation, but I thought about it all the way home.  Sometimes I forget that people CAN see the light of Christ in our eyes and face.  They CAN feel the spirit from us.

Good reminder to me on this Valentine's Day - a day to celebrate love.  The love all comes from one source and we CAN share it without even knowing it!

No comments: