Well, I had another "Stephanie" Saturday this past weekend. I got up early and exercised. Then I left the house around 8:30am to drive to New Braunfel's by 9:30am for breakfast taco's at Rudy's. I was meeting up with some people from the San Antonio singles group, so I did not know what they looked like. The girl I spoke to over the phone said she was tall, so when I spotted a tall girl walk in and sit down I walked over and said "hello" to her. I introduced myself and asked her name, and she was NOT the girl I was looking for. We had a good laugh. Good thing people are so friendly here. I did finally meet up with the right people and we had a good time getting to know each other. There were 4 girls that drove down from Austin, so I was able to make some new friends.
After breakfast we all headed over to the Comal River to pick up our tubes and float the river. The girl in charge said not to bring anything with me, in case of loss in the river, but I wish I had brought extra sunscreen. I put some on before, but my poor legs got fried since it took about 4 hours, instead of the 2 that I had planned on. I wasn't able to take pictures, but here's what it looks like:
There are were 3 chutes that you go through, which were the most fun for me. Otherwise, it's a very slow-moving, calm river. The water is nice and cold and sure does feel good.
We started on the river around 11am and did not get done until 3:30pm! I had to drive back up to Austin and get ready for my next activity....dinner at an Indian restaurant.
One of my friends at work, from India, invited me over for dinner. At first the invite was for Sunday, but I explained that I go to church and rest on Sundays. She was curious and asked me more about my beliefs during our dinner conversation. She's a very sweet person and it was nice to get to know her better. I'm glad I chose to go to dinner with her instead of going to a dance that night. I was so wiped out by the end of the dinner that I just wanted to fall into bed!



No comments:
Post a Comment