"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Apparently Everything Really Is Bigger in Texas

So, there I was...trying to find a receipt before I left for work this morning.  I grabbed my shoe box off the floor (full of receipts) and set it on the table to open up.  The next thing I saw was a HUGE spider scurry away from the box and hide in my 3 hole puncher a few inches away from my hand on the table.  At that point I almost screamed and froze in my chair.  But, then I came to my senses.  I  knew I had to get that THING out of the house asap!!! 


I grabbed the 3 hole punch and thought I might be able to get the spider into the trash can.  Of course it was not that easy...it ran away on the floor.  Then I tried to get it to crawl into the trash can, but it did not like that option either.  So, I just steered it towards the front door and helped it walk right out of the house.  


There was NO WAY I was going to step on it, it would have been disgusting and squishy all over the carpet.  It was that big!  I found this picture online because I did not have the presence of mind to take a picture of it after I got it out of the house, but it looked pretty much like this spider.  And the picture is very close to the actual size.


I was so creeped out after that experience, it gave me the heebie-jeebies!!!


Hopefully Mr. Spider will stay outside.  I have no idea how he got in, so I hope he stays out.  :)

2 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my worst nightmare.

spiders are E-VILLLLL!

like the fru-its of the de-vil!

Ali said...

Holy Cow! My worst nightmare too! Seriously, I don't know if I would have recovered! :)