"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Trip to Austin

I got back from a quick trip to Austin.  Here are some of the highlights of the trip:

I lost track of the "road kill" - saw at least 3-5 dead skunks in the road, plus other varmits...

The weather was nice on Monday, I wore flip-flops.  Then it cooled down on Tuesday...but still warm compared to Utah.

The hotel I stayed in was creepy...my own fault for trying to save some money.  Next time I am going to shell out the dollars to feel a bit safer.

I found the Outlet Mall....lovely place.

There are more apartment complexes than I ever imagined....I think I visited at least 15 or so places in 2 days.

I can't believe I am really moving to Texas in about 3 months....but this trip made it seem more real.

2 comments:

john + becky said...

We are so excited for you! But SAD that you are moving....we will MISS you!!

Sara Beth Mortensen said...

Yay! Can't wait to have you here.