"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Miles to go before I sleep...

I just finished attending my last class of the day, which also marks the end of the first block.  However, I still have a lot to do in these next few days.  A Robert Frost poem came to my mind as I was sitting here thinking about what I need to do next.  Still, two tests to study for and take.  Still preparation for my trip to Austin.  So much to do, so little time...I have miles to go before I sleep.  But, I know the time for sleep will come eventually.  It's good not to run faster than I have strength.

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening
by Robert Frost

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake 
To ask if there's some mistake. 
The only other sound's the sweep 
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.

1 comment:

Shari said...

what a beautiful poem...and this may sound lame, but miles to go before i sleep keeps playing through my head with Enya's voice... weird. i know. good luck studying! xoxo