"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, January 9, 2011

First week of the semester

I am glad it's Sunday and that I get to rest up a bit!  School started last Tuesday, and for a four-day week I sure do feel tired.  Part of the problem is my schedule, but I can't do too much about when classes are offered.  The majority of my classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays - I have 5 of them starting at 9:30am and ending at 4:45pm.  Then I have one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30am.  I struggled to decide which class to drop since I had signed up for one extra class - the Thursday night class was the one I decided to let go.  It was a hard decision because after going to all the classes I really liked them all, but I knew I could not handle taking 18 credits.  So, I am down to 15 credits which is still a pretty full load.  It will drop down to 12 credits after the first block is over at the end of February.  Until then, it's going to be very busy.

So, here's what I am taking this semester:
Strategic Issues in Operations
Global Business Negotiations
Spreadsheets for Business Analysis (block class)
Managerial Finance
Real Estate Analysis
Corporate Social Innovation (block class)

The three that will be more of a challenge to me are the Spreadsheets, Finance and Real Estate class.  But, my thought was that it's my last semester and these are things I am interested in learning so why not?

Here's a link to an article I read for class this week.  It's called, What Is Your Calling In Life?  If you have a few minutes to read, go for it.  I really enjoyed it.

Here's to another great week!

2 comments:

john + becky said...

Wow, that looks like a tough, busy schedule! You'll do great.

I can't believe this is your last semester. That is awesome that you are almost done.

Ali said...

Impressive line-up! I can't believe you are almost done! I am in awe and admire you so much for all that you have accomplished and for who you are. You are the best...have a great semester!