"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Another one bites the dust...

Another week has come and gone!

Here are some highlights from this past week's happenings:

Condoleezza Rice, former Secretary of State, came to speak at BYU in the Marriott Center on January 13th.  Normally they will broadcast speakers across campus, but her visit was special and it could not be broadcast.  So, all the students and faculty filled up the Marriott Center.  She gave a great speech to us and I was very impressed by her.

I was called to be the Young Women's Sports Director.  This Thursday we had our first basketball game.  We won by forfeit since the other ward only had one girl show up to play.  I told the girls to run around and sweat some before going home and tell their families what a good game they played!

The rest of the week has been filled with attending class and doing homework.  I have never read so much in my life!  Reading is good for you though, I highly recommend it.

Take care and enjoy this next week :)

No comments: