"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just Give Them Away...

I recently attended BYU Education Week. It's hard for me to articulate the feelings and thoughts of the week because it was so amazing. Have you ever felt "dull" spiritually? Well, I was "dull" and didn't know it. After 13 hour days for a week my spiritual senses were sharpened again. I felt "pricked" in my heart (Jarom 1:12) by the words of King Lamoni's father that he would give away all his sins to know God (Alma 22:18).

I realized that I needed to make some course corrections in my life in order to give away my sins and come to know God better. I have felt his tender mercies this week as I have given up things in order to be closer to God and be more receptive to the Holy Ghost. My burdens have been taken and I know the Atonement is real. I know it.

I hope that all is well with your respective families. I've made a goal to remember the Lord's tender mercies in my life daily, just like President Eyring does. Today is my second day, but I hope that I can share some insights on this spot with close family and friends that will help build our faith in God and bring us closer to Him. I love you all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing! and thanks for the email you sent on a day when dark clouds were all around me - you must have been inspired. love you too

joe

Tall Fry said...

You Rock!!! I'm so glad we got to share the spiritual exfoliation treatment to blast off some of the dead cells that were weighing us down!

Marc Mortensen said...

Sonya... your blog is greatly appreciated... and I am looking forward to more insights of your experiences of the tender mercies... ox... Dad

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing. It helps strengthen my spirituality when experiences are shared. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one with a trial. It's nice to know everyone else go through adversity and we are here to assist each other through those times. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I know your feelings and I love you.