"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it - whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Examples


On November 5th I went to the Conference Center in downtown Salt Lake City to attend a live recording of a DVD for the Youth of the Church. They shared the new theme for 2009 which is found in 1 Timothy 4:12 "...Be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." It was a great program. They also challenged everyone to do three things in 2009.


1) Pray every day - morning and night

2) Read the Book of Mormon every day

3) Be Happy! Smile!


I thought those were some very realistic goals to set for anyone who wants to come closer to Christ and strengthen their testimony as a believer.


I am feeling very grateful that I have this calling to serve the Youth in our Stake now. It's been a long time since I've been to a Youth Activity, 20 years to be exact! I know the Lord will help me with this new calling to do and say the things that will have a positive impact on their testimonies.


Lately I have really felt the missionary spirit. I just want to tell people about the gospel and how it can change their lives. I hope I get a chance to do more of this in 2009.


Here's a quote for this Thanksgiving Season that we are now in:


"You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law; the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you."


Sarah Ban Breathnach - Simple Abundance




No comments: